In the Advanced Polymeric Materials Research Laboratory, in "Defense and Forensic Sciences" Strategic Business Office Unit at the Institute of Chemical Technology; the synthesis, characterization and applications of novel monomers used in polymerization and polymers produced by wide variety of polymerization methods is carried out.
In general, the main topics are
• Synthesis of monomer and polymers
• Laboratory studies required for the polymer production processing
• Determination of chemical and physical properties of the products
• Preparation of polymer thin films
• Synthesis and applications of high performance polymers
• Development of synthesis and modification methods for novel polymers.
With the strategic R&D projects carried out in our institute, for strategic polymers used in military fields and not produced in our country, the production methods of the polymers and their applications are provided expecting to contribute in reducing the dependence on foreign countries.